Tuesday, February 28, 2023

RAID research by COSMOS - multiple pictures - message to the shareholders was: RAID enters "profit mode"

Here I share with you interesting findings from my RAID research - I found from the owners of RAID (Aristocrat) who reported to the shareholders that RAID has now entered into "profit mode".

I believe this is very bad news for the RAID players but I do not believe it means that it is the end of the game because I found evidence that it can easily run for another 4 years or longer while finishing milking players.

Note: also check out my previous related post: See how much the OWNERS of RAID/Plarium earned in 2022 + RAID revenue

I am sharing with you many pictures / extracts to give you different types of information:

Picture #1 - RAID enters "profit mode" _v1

Picture #2 - RAID enters "profit mode" _v2

Was again discussed during Questions & Answers session:

I also explain what is Pixel United as I am sure many RAID players have no idea. It is the gaming division of Aristocrat inside which are multiple other companies of which Plarium is one. So RAID falls under that.

Picture #3: Why I said this does not mean RAID is finished?

In another report they talked about the different games they have where also the years were indicated. You will notice RAID in the top middle with 3 years noted as duration. As this was for 2022, now RAID is in the 4th year.

You can see that they have some games as old as 9-10 years and even though they might not bring in much money, they are still technically alive.

Some players feel "RAID is dying", which is true but not immediately as they think. I believe this will be a slow process of going down the hill over years bringing in only minimal or weak "copy/paste" updates while having the primary objective of milking the players as much as possible until the head-stone is placed.

Picture #4 - RAID bookings

RAID is still very much their cash cow, but they have already switched their focus and are working on the next 2 games which they plan to be much bigger than RAID. 

As I reported before, check my previous blog post with the bookings breakdowns, RAID brought in 457 million to them in year 2022.

Conclusion

  • All games have a lifecycle.
  • I believe RAID could have been a massive amazing game, but since it was managed like shit by Plarium it already finished booming after only 3 years according to them and has entered "profit mode".
  • Technically, they say in "profit mode" the game could still grow, but that is only theoretical or maybe BS towards shareholders- in most cases it declines.
  • But it does not mean it will die tomorrow. It could easily go another 4 years or even 7 years, but by that time there would be very few players left and the bookings would be a lot less.

Picture #4: Bonus info

Thanks for reading all of my blog post, here is one additional piece of info. In the job vacancies section of Plarium there are 3 new projects = 3 new games. They are focused on the future, these 3 are what they are focused on - RAID is a successful history for them.