Sunday, August 1, 2021

Frozen Banshee in 72 Turns vs. Geomancer in 84 Turns - who did more damage in Clan Boss?

In this blog post I share with you my Clan Boss testing where I used the exact same team swapping only Frozen Banshee and Geomancer to see which champion will do more damage. It is important to note that I am testing on Void Clan Boss (which my team was built for) which is not ideal for Geomancer.

Which Champion / Team won:

I was surprised to discover that Frozen Banshee did more damage in 72 Turns than Geomancer in 84 Turns!

(This testing was done on Brutal Clan Boss as I needed a Void affinity and others were already below 50% HP, but 70-80+ Turns on Clan Boss is an impressive achievement regardless)

However, 2 considerations:

1) As mentioned, the Void Affinity is not ideal for Geomancer and therefore this could automatically mean that on any non-Void Affinity Geomancer will outdamage the Frozen Banshee.

2) It is however important to say that the team with Geomancer may end up doing more damage once all the champions are fully equipped and upgraded as they will contribute 12 extra turns of damage. Reminder: Geomancer also provides additional damage reduction to champions behind his position.

So don't conclude from this blog post that Frozen Banshee is better than Geomancer - they are both fantastic champions.

Pictures

Here is the picture where the team failed with Frozen Banshee:

(Note: I consider a speed-tuned team failing when 1 champion dies. After this they could do a few more turns but that's not important for me)

And here is the picture where the team failed with Geomancer:

Other comments

  • Generally I am happy about the progress of my 2nd Clan Boss team that I am building. Achieving 80+ turns survival on Clan Boss is fantastic with my not-so-good gear, not fully upgraded champions and gear which includes 4 star pieces and +12 upgrades.
  • I am however working on replacing Temila with Versulf who I am leveling now. I am hoping Versulf will provide better protection and support with Leech which might allow me to replace Vogoth.
  • I am also experimenting with swapping with other champions: Dhukk for ATK/DEF down, Deacon for Leech and DEF down, etc. As after learning to survive many turns the next step will be to get maximum damage which could be easier achieved on less turns.
  • And I remind that there are much better options - I am just working with the champions and equipment that I have, which is good news because it means there is a lot of room for improvement.