Wednesday, July 21, 2021

My New Record Turn 69 Nightmare Clan Boss (previous: Turn 62 Brutal)

Big improvement for my 2nd Clan Boss team (work-in-progress) - reached Turn 69 on Nightmare Clan Boss today before Jareg died and I stopped the battle.

My previous record was Turn 62 on Brutal Clan Boss where I was testing my team previously. I posted about that here. So please read this link for more details regarding the Team - I don't want to repeat the same things, just want to add what's new.

The main change - positioning

Following the recent revelations that there is more and more poorly written code and wrong explanations in RAID (bad job by Plarium) HellHades reported that the passive skills only benefit the allies who are behind the champion with the skill.

So I thought about this and switched my Frozen Banshee with Geomancer who has the 15% damage reduction passive and set him as a leader. (Geomancer is running with 215 speed, 34,440 HP, and 2,865 DEF which is 4,584 DEF with the increased defense buff - all similar to my Team as I reported previously).

Reminder: I was using my Frozen Banshee instead of Geomancer because she does significantly more damage on Void Clan Boss (while Geo does better on more hits from Affinity Clan Boss).

However, I thought that with the additional 15% damage reduction (which is not actually 15% because of the poorly written coding and wrong explanations in the game) the team might survive longer which could make the team do more damage compared to the Frozen Banshee setup.

The new Turn Order

The general logic is similar to the Brutal Turn Order I published, but for Nightmare a slightly different skill delay is needed to achieve the following (no change to speeds):

Lost 1 Guardian

Losing Frozen Banshee also meant that I lost one Guardian set benefit as she was helping with that. But again, because of the bad coding and wrong in-game explanations by Plarium it is actually a loss of about 4-5% rather than 10%.

Leader skill

Further to this, switching Vogoth's leadership position with Geomancer meant that we got an additional 25% HP from his leader skill. This is a significant boost to the team also because Lodric's shield is based on Max HP.

Team Plans

  • I am still considering to drop Vogoth which means losing the Leech.
  • Instead of him I thought I could use Ghrush but I calculated that his healing is still not going to be enough.
  • I also considered Melga but both her shield and healing are not significantly better than 100% Leech from Vogoth. But they are better in the sense that I can get a shield for AOE1.
  • Finally I am now considering switching Temila for Versulf. I originally picked Temila because she was cheaper to upgrade than Versulf (Epic books instead of Legendary) and also she provides 15% healing, but there is too much pressure on Jareg to take 2 AOEs from the Clan Boss so I may need to take Versulf for this. 
  • Versulf can also cast Leech but it is not a guaranteed skill like Vogoth's but may be enough allowing me to switch Vogoth with another.

P.S. Reminder: There are better options in RAID but I am working with champions that I have.