Thursday, July 22, 2021

My Main Team achieved 1 key Nightmare Clan Boss without speed-tuning

I was happy today to see my main Clan Boss team hit 40 million on NM making it a 1 key run (picture below). And the cool thing about it is that this team:

(Update: see also my updated team that reached 46 mil here)

  • is not speed tuned at all,
  • it does not have any ally protect champions,
  • there is also no increase defense champions,
  • and also no counter-attack champions
  • 2 rare champions (Apothecary and Frozen Banshee)
  • no Leech and only 1 champion has lifesteal gear (Geomancer)

Despite it being a Spirit Affinity Clan Boss the Aox was able to keep the "ATK down" debuff on most of the time. He also helps with healing and increasing the debuff counters on the Clan Boss. His poisons mostly fail on this Affinity.

Geomancer was placed in the 2nd position to be the stun target allowing Aox the maximum chance to get that "ATK down" debuff on the boss. I had him in the 4th position before (I thought he could not handle being stunned) but moving to the 2nd also allowed his passive damage reduction to work better.

Raglin was my "new player first guaranteed legendary" after which I did not get any legendary champions for a very long time. For the majority of the battle he heals the team and provides a random Turn Meter boost and at the end of the battle he resurrects a few times the champion who dies from stun or AOE, but when someone dies it's usually already near the end. When unlucky (usually a stupid healing by Apothecary on the wrong champion) Raglin dies and in those cases the overall damage is less.

Apothecary has Speed Buff on Priority 1 over healing to help the team go fast, but he rarely has to choose - it only happens if he gets stunned.

And Frozen Banshee does the only thing she is good at - poisoning the Clan Boss.

P.S. I am not recommending RAID players to copy my team - there are many better options (I work with the champions and time that I have) and the main purpose of this post is to say that 1 key is possible even without all those special champions, speed-tuning and other benefits.

Update: side note: my team actually has very low power (137k) compared to others who achieve less damage. This mostly means that my equipment is not great and there is still room for improvement.