Monday, July 19, 2021

My Record Turn 62 on Clan Boss

I was happy today to reach Turn 62 fighting the Clan Boss when I stopped the fight during testing on CB Brutal with my 2nd Clan Boss Team - this was a record for me and generally considered excellent in RAID as majority of players don't go past Turn 30 and the "Unkillable" teams die at Turn 50.

Update: got a new record Turn 69 on NM Clan Boss where I added extra explanations: here.

This Clan Boss team is still being built as equipment still has 4 star gear and is not fully upgraded to +16 (half of the items are +12) and Masteries are not done yet either for all champions. 

My 2 Teams

My active Clan Boss team which does 2 key NM (about 60-65 million damage with 2) is different than this one and is not based on speed tuning or ally protect, but it has reached its limit which is why I started building this 2nd Clan Boss team to try to go to the next level (1 key NM).

1 Damage 2 Protect 2 Health

This Team is not perfect or ideal - there are many better options out there but I work with the champions I have.

This team has only 1 damage dealer which is Frozen Banshee (can alternate with Geomancer but Frozen does more damage on Void). The other 4 champions are only there to assure extreme survival. 

There are 2 ally protect and increase defense champions (Jareg and Temila) which alternate to keep those buffs on 100% of the time.

And there are 2 health recovery champions - Lodric (shields) and Vogoth (health recovery and leech).

Also important Jareg and Lodric reduce Clan Boss's attack by 50% with their A1. However, during such a long battle it happens sometimes that all attempts fail and Clan Boss manages to do full damage. In this run this happened 2 times, but the Team managed to get through it.

Speeds

The speeds are very attainable with 2 protect champions going at 4:3 ratio while others at 1:1 ratio.

  • Jareg 236
  • Temila 220
  • Frozen 208
  • Vogoth 175
  • Lodric 173

Here you can see the order in which they go - Jareg protects both AOEs (which is why he is the one who dies currently) while Temila protects the Stun turn. When the Team is ready I will adjust speeds for NM and UNM and will try to make it so that each one takes one AOE, because 2 AOEs on 1 champion is too much.

Health and Defense

As mentioned these can further improve as I work on getting better gear and upgrading to +16.

  • Jareg 59,227 HP and 2,560 DEF which is 4,096 DEF with increased defense buff
  • Temila 40,409 HP and 2,794 DEF which is 4,470 DEF with increased defense buff
  • Frozen 39,349 HP and 2,915 DEF which is 4,664 DEF with increased defense buff
  • Vogoth 39,000 HP and 2,787 DEF which is 4,459 DEF with increased defense buff
  • Lodric 45,041 HP and 2,656 DEF which is 4,250 DEF with increased defense buff

I am also considering to change Vogoth to Melga to get shields for AOE1 also, but I am hesitant because Melga is not really a good champion for Clan Boss, however I do not have another good shield champion. So maybe I will keep using Vogoth until the team is fully ready and see if maybe he can get the job done and maybe I pull a new better champion. I also do not want to underestimate the benefit of Vogoth's guaranteed Leech and his occasional poison extension.