Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Player quits giving a very accurate explanation, will Plarium listen?

Here I want to share a post made by username "vksdann" on Reddit where he quit and deleted RAID Shadow Legends giving a very accurate explanation of various issues of RAID which made him arrive at his decision. 

It is long, but an interesting read and a question that arises is: will Plarium listen?

Here is his post:

(and just for records, here is the link to the Reddit post)

And so Today that happened...

Raid: Shadow Legends is a great game. It has amazing and very detailed art, it has cool animations, great bosses and level design. The gameplay is also quite fun! Leveling up your characters, equipping artifacts and seeing them grow stronger, faster, tankier is quite satisfying! I love this game and I have great joy playing it!

That is not why I am here today though. Today. Today is different. We all known what a disaster the clan quests update has been. We all know how it takes literally hours and hours to do all the DAILY chores such as FW and Clan Boss in Raid.

This all started the day before.
As any good boy, I starting doing my daily chores today, just like any other day, and, while leveling up my food I started thinking just all the things I HAVE TO do in Raid: level up 3 food, replace, level up 3 more, replace, level up 3 more, rank up, do it again a couple hundred of times and now I have one great 5* food. Before that I was farming Fire Knight all night long, well, not actually me, as I was sleeping. The game was playing itself. Then off to Faction Wars we go, that's another great 40 minutes of ~autoing without even looking at the screen~ fun! Next was time for some Clan Boss action! You see, Clan Boss is great fun because there are all those different strategies you can you and different combinations of skills to get the most value, so I pressed play, prepared breakfast and watched a couple episodes of One Punch Man. "These last 2 hours were fun! Oh right, Clan Boss is probably done... what's next on my list of chores?"

And it hit me, Raid is a chore now. I spent the whole morning playing Raid (and technically night too) but at the same time I spent less than 5 minutes actually enjoying the game. I have spent hours everyday ~pressing auto~ playing the game but not actually having any fun. What is the fun of autoing FW, Clan Boss, Spider, leveling up food for hours and hours? Do I ever even stop to actually look at the gameplay anymore? How much time do I actually spend really playing this game? I make fun of my zombie friends who spend hours scrolling endlessly through social media and here I am stuck to the screen on my phone waiting for Class Boss to kill my comp for the nth time. To top it off, the recent updates are a complete joke and total disrespect. ~Whale duels~ Tournaments and Events are getting more and more ~expensive~ difficult and the update that would bring some freshness and renew the will to play the game just made me disgusted. Clan members fighting over quests and utterly stupid reward system. They spend 90% of time-effort on art and give the actual gameplay to interns who have never touched Raid with a list "these are the levels and things you can do in the game, just make some kind of achievement lists while we are working on the new emblem model in the next champ. Let me know when you are done."

So I uninstalled Raid. It felt weird. I felt tempted to open the store and download it again. I resisted. Today I woke up, started preparing coffee and while the water was boiling I opened my usual games folder on my phone. Raid wasn't in it. I felt, relieved. "Huh, I don't have to do this anymore." I said out loud. It's been a few hours and I unlocked my phone at least 3 times out of habit "Did I run FW already today? Do I still have any CB keys to use?" only to see I have no Raid anymore on my phone or computer.

It is weird not to have that chain around my wrists anymore. Knowing I don't have to think about using keys or spending resources feels better than I thought it would. I was honestly awaiting for the FOMO and anxiety to hit, but it did not.