Wednesday, December 29, 2021

75% of voting players would not recommend RAID to their friends or family

Here sharing an interesting poll I ran on Reddit where I asked players "Would you recommend to your friends/family to start playing RAID?" and it turns out that the vast majority (75%) would not recommend RAID.

Poll result:


So, as shown, 357 players voted YES and 1.1k voted NO.

On one side players seem to be both hating themselves for playing the game (i.e. addiction) and ashamed of other people finding out they are playing RAID. Both of these are a solid indication that RAID is a negative influence on people.

On another side players see and do not appreciate the various disgusting actions by Plarium, how they manage the game and how they treat their players, but it seems their anger did not reach yet the tipping point making them quit.

The minority who is positive suggests not taking the game seriously in order to be able to enjoy.

A few selected player comments:

  • "Letting people know you play this game is equivalent to informing them you smoke in the car with kids"
  • "I wouldn't want to inflict that onto anyone whose well-being I cared about"
  • "There are so many days I think about not logging in"
  • "I would only recommend this game to people I hate"
  • "My cousin's exact words to me "you have put me in a financial trap""

Conclusion

These results and comments are pretty damning of Plarium as a game developer and the horrible job they have done and are doing managing RAID.

Plarium is clearly negatively affecting the majority of their RAID players.

Players can only hope for things to improve, but, realistically that is not going to happen, because Plarium is only interested in profits and analytics and not about being positive, creative or anything remotely resembling joy or happiness.